23 Things I've Learned in 23 Years
23 things I've learned in 23 years.
1. Never take a single person for granted. Not everyone is going to be in your life forever, so always appreciate the time you get with them.
2. Figure out the things that make you happy, and do them as much as you can. Paint, cook, skateboard, watch old movies. If it makes you happy, do it.
3. Sometimes something will happen that seems like the end of the world. It isn't. I promise. It will hurt. It will be hard. But you can get through it, and it will be okay.
4. Don't be too scared to ask for help.
5. If you have a ten page paper due on Monday, don't start it on Sunday night.
6. Nothing is permanent. Keep this in mind to help get you through the bad times, and cherish the good ones.
7. Never like something just because it's popular. Never dislike something just because it's popular.
8. Bubble baths, sleepovers, and board games will always be fun.
9. Family is everything. Whether it's the one you're born into or the one you make along the way.
10. Stop worrying about what everyone is thinking about you. They probably aren't even thinking about you. And if they are, it says more about them than it will ever say about you.
11. Always stop at a lemonade stand when you see one.
12. You're going to let people down. It's going to feel terrible. Learn from that feeling, don't wallow in it.
13. Be patient. With yourself, with the people you love, even with the annoying traffic jam on a Monday morning.
14. School is an important thing, but it's not the only thing.Don’t beat yourself up if you didn’t do well on that test or if you completely messed up that speech.
15. Don't ever be afraid to look stupid. It’s always better to do it and look a little silly than to not do it and wish you had.
16. Learn how to make more than cereal and peanut butter and jelly before you move out.
17. Always be kind. You never know what another person is going through, and a moment of kindness could make their entire day.
18. Everyone's path is different, and that's okay. It's more than okay; it's what makes life so beautiful.
19. Don't burn your hair everyday trying to straighten out the curls. Your big, curly hair is awesome.
20. Worrying about something will never change the outcome.
21. Listen to your parents. They're probably (definitely) right.
22. Don’t feel guilty because you’d rather stay in and read instead of going to that party. The things that make you feel different and weird are actually the things that make you awesome.
23. Love yourself. Sometimes you're going to be alone. Sometimes you're only going to have you. So you need to learn how to like who you are. It might sound silly, but it's the most important thing I've learned.